Baker Schmidts Bakery
Baker schmidt, Andrea and Christian Schmidt started the bakery around 1900 right in the middle of the heart of the city, here was both flat, café, bakery, and an adjacent building with bakery. On the sign read: ”Patisserie-café C. Schmidt Gramby”. After people advertised the café with, ”here, the people of the city could drink afternoon coffee after walking in the castle park on a sunday”.
In the midthirties, the next generation Meta og Lause took over the business, they became a couple which everyone in Gram and around can remember. Lause was a very well-liked and cozy baker master who almost never came into the bakery, but was the man behind the counter in the shop. There were many fun episodes here, and if they couldn’t sell out of cream cakes at the end of the day, Lause was ready for a good deal, or people just got a few extra cakes in the trade. There should not, however, occur too many problems, because he called for Meta right away.
Next generation, Gerda and Erik took over the bakery in the seventies, and the bakery shop closes first in the nineties, and is then demolished to make way for the new roundabout.