Grams first store
The building was built in 1897 in 3 stories. There were originally hypermarket, clothes, and groceries, run by Laurids Hansen.
Brugsen rents it in 1920 and run a store in the building until 1965.
Legend has it that the count, on his way home from a trip to fole, discovered that the building was higher than the castle. He therefore let’s the upper floor be demolished. Brugsens leases was slightly reduced, and a backbuilding was built for storage purposes.
The house is currently owned by Slotskroen, and contains a swimming pool.
Slotsvej was not paved at the time, so traffic has had difficult conditions on the way up slotsvej. But it was idyllic.