The mill is supposedly built at the same time as the castle
moved to it’s current location.
The castle, according to the traditions, should have
been further to the west. Excavations have shown that the damming of millpond and slotssøen derived from the years around 1400. The only remaining, of the extensive complex, is the small building behind the bridge. It contains two turbines to the electric supply. They were in operation until 2014.
To the left the impressive mill house from 1722 is seen. On
The spot, mill and tavern was operated. It is mentioned for the first time in 1585. When the mill was owned by the count, there had supposedly been ”mill coercion”. That means, that all the peasants who lived on the count’s lands, were forced to let their grain be milled here. Mill barns and buildings were sold for demolition in the 1930’s. (entered two twinhouses, Åvej 11 and 13 of the stones).